... so I feel terrible that I haven't acted on this sooner but it has been rather hectic around here for ages and I wanted to take the time to do this right and proper... I truly believe in 'paying it forward' and feel honoured and humbled to have been given these blog awards.
MINI RANT ALERT!!... can also I mention, before I begin with the formalities, that I loath the design of these awards... i'm such a stickler for design and have spent a good portion of time thinking about the design and layout of my blog... and these awards have clearly been degraded over the years that it's high time they had a re-design... i'd be happy to redesign them but i'd hate to offend... so if anyone can trace them back to their original blogger, do let me know...
this is my first ever award, and I am hugely grateful to BrownievilleGirl for it...
... the rules are that I have to tell you 7 things about myself and then pass on the award to 7 blogs that i admire... so here goes:
1. Even though I have a very good sized kitchen I regularly dream of a bigger one.
2. In the summer I cycle 6 miles to the gym and 6 miles back... in the winter, I don't
3. I have a black labrador dog named Holly who i love more than life itself... she's 12 years old and I fear for the day she'll die on a daily basis... (sorry this isn't supposed to have been sad)
4. Until I came to live here i had no clue where Lincolnshire was let alone that the Lincolnshire Wolds even existed.
5. I love Science Fiction and I read a lot of it.
6. I lost 3 stone on the Atkins diet about 7 years ago and have never been happier... it taught me a lot about what we put in our mouths and call food... I am still totally obsessed with my weight
7. The Vikings real name is.....
and it is my honour to pass this award on to these 7 blogs of distinction:
The Reluctant Vegetarian
Chocolate Log Blog
Delicious Delicious Delicious
Veg Box Boy
Purple Podded Peas
... and just to prove how international this blogging lark really is I have also been given the Sunshine Award by the delightful Nicoletta at Bread and Butter
The Sunshine Award
these rules are pretty simple... firstly I have to thank Nicoletta for the award... which I humbly do, then I have to pass it on to 12 blogs I love to read... so here you go:
Around Britain with a Paunch
From Beyond My Kitchen Window
The Kitchen Maid
My Kitchen in the Rockies
The Spice Garden
Feasts and Festivals
21st Century Urban Housewife
Tea and Wheaten Bread
My Farmhouse Kitchen
... and there, my dear friends, you well and truly have it!...