... lovely lovely Susan from A Little Bit of Heaven on a Plate has nominated me to take part in a bloggers infomercial, for want of a better phrase... it's called Food Bloggers Unplugged and the idea is to answer some questions that give you, the reader, a little bit of an insight into who I am and what i'm all about... not that I think there's much left for you to know but here goes...
1. What, or who inspired you to start a blog?
believe it or not but it was the film Julie and Julia... I watched it one rainy day on DVD and the next day I became a food blogger!
2. Who is your foodie inspiration?
there are many who inspire but I guess the list begins with my mother...
3. Your greasiest, batter - splattered food/drink book is?
Delia's Complete Cookery Course... If I had to throw away all my other books things would be slightly less colourful but i'd be ok with it...
4. Tell us all about the best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it, what was it?
ahhhh... twas a burger and massive bowl of fries in the restaurant in the sky called Nepenthe on Highway 1 in California... I had spent the previous year on The Atkins diet so this was the first fries I had eaten in a year... they were incredible... and I went back this year, you know, to check that it wasn't just the Atkins that made those fries taste so good and I wasn't disappointed, they were spectacular!
5. Another food bloggers table you'd like to eat at is?
no hesitation... Susan from The Spice Garden... I would move in tomorrow if she'd have me...
6. What is the one kitchen gadget you would ask Santa for this year (money no object of course)?
i'm afraid it would have to be a Kenwood Mixer in the same blue as my kitchen...
7. Who taught you how to cook?
uh... hello... mother...
8. I'm coming to you for dinner what's your signature dish?
uh... hello... chicken thighs...
9. What is your guilty food pleasure?
10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?
I was one of the chosen few who took part in Anthony Gormley's 4th Plinth project and had my hour on the plinth in Trafalgar Square
and now, as tradition dictates I must nominate 5 food bloggers to pass this on to and take part... they are:
Susan from The Spice Garden
Lucy from The KitchenMaid
Celia from Purple Podded Peas
Elaine from Applebees at Pear Tree
happy blogging... eat and of course, enjoy!