... oh come on... I could hardly get you to do the first and last without then going for the middle... and let's face it, like a good sandwich, the best bits are always in the middle...
... I used my random number generator... otherwise known as The Viking... to randomly select a number and he chose number 49 which happens to be a book i've had for years but never ever cooked from... Memorable Meals by the Cordon Bleu Company... its part of a series of books of which I only have this one and I don't remember purchasing it so it could very well belong to an old flatmate... it's thoroughly outdated but in the most fabulously retro way, being published in 1977 and filled to the brim with recipes that 'help you perfect the art of producing truly memorable meals'...
... it has 160 pages in total, including introduction and index and therefor easy to pick a middle page and there, in all its 1970's glory on page 80 is Delices of Sole Parmesan which essentially is fish goujons with fried bananas... i'll let that one hang in the air for a while shall I...?
... usual rules apply:
1. randomly select a book
2. check the page number on the last page and then divide this by two (if the number is odd, round down)
3. go to that page and make that exact recipe... no cheating... you're only cheating yourself afterall!
4. post the recipe on your blog with a link back to my blog and include the random recipes logo
5. email the link to me at firstname.lastname@example.org... tweet it to me if you're on twitter and i'll re-tweet!
5. deadline is midnight on the 28th June
... can I just say how much I love doing this challenge every month... I love setting it and I love joining in myself... it's such a fun game and really opens my eyes to the most surprising books that I would never usually glance at... and of course most of all I love all your wonderful entries and the brilliant effort you make...... so I look forward to your entries this month and I especially look forward to creating my memorable meal...