... yes ladies and gentlemen, this months random recipes is all about chocolate... well, it is the month of love after-all and so to celebrate I have coerced my dear friend choclette from Chocolate Log Blog into joining forces with me so that we can all do something random with chocolate...
... all you have to do is randomly select a recipe that includes chocolate somewhere in the ingredients, cook that dish and then write about your experience on your blog... it works a little bit like this...
... I reached over to my groaning shelf of cookbooks and randomly pulled out the Riverford Farm Cookbook by Guy Watson and Jane Baxter, which is a little bonkers as I picked a very similar organic farm cookbook for last months random recipes and was a little worried that there wouldn't be any chocolate recipes at all, so I turned directly to the index and under C were three gorgeous choices so I asked The Viking to think of a number between one and three and he chose number two which for me means a rather delightful looking chocolate and courgette cake... well, we'll just have to wait and see...
taking part should be fun but there are a few simple rules to follow:
1. randomly select a book from your cookbook collection (you can group them into all the books that contain dessert recipes or all your books about chocolate if you want to make it easier...) ... you can do this any number of ways, I like to count them all, assign each one a number and then randomly draw a book out of the hat but you could throw them all up in the air and select the one that hits you... I leave the selection process to you
2. take that book and either open it at a random page (try towards the back of the book for sweet recipes) or, you can go to the index of the book and look up all the chocolate recipes which you should find under C and then randomly pick one of these chocolate recipes...
3. cook the recipe on this page... and don't cheat... select the recipe with a friend in the room who will make you stick to it... it's a challenge after all and you're only cheating yourself... this is specifically designed to take you out of your comfort zone...!
4. you may change the recipe for dietary or monetary or seasonal availability reasons only
5. post it up on your blog, with a link to both mine and chocolate log blog and then email me with a link at dominic(@)belleaukitchen.co.uk so I know you've joined in... you can also attach the joint badge to show people you're taking part. Choclette is also creating a linky at the end of her blog post which you can add to too... so no excuses not to let us know!
6. tweet your entry to
@belleauktichen and @choclette8 including the hashtag #randomrecipes and #weshouldcocoa and we will retweet all we see
7. taking part in this challenge automatically qualifies you for entry into the we should cocoa challenge and vice versa
8. challenge deadline is Feb 26th.
eat and of course, enjoy!