The Belleau Kitchen 'random recipe' challenge
... I'm sure, like me, you have hundreds of fabulous cook books at home... I get new ones for every birthday and Christmas... and since I started blogging they seem to come in more frequently than ever before... and I do LOVE to read them, flick through them for inspiration and go back to them when in need of a show-stopper dish... but I do tend to stick to what I know and I realised a year or so back that my limited repertoire was becoming a little too samey... so (and I'll finally get around to it...) the challenge is this:
1. take all your cook books off the shelf and shuffle them ( a friendly giant will help)
2. close your eyes and run your fingers down their spines and stop at a random book
3. now, close your eyes again and randomly open the chosen book at a page
4. cook this dish (if it's something you've cooked before then turn to the very next page and cook that dish)... and don't cheat... (do it with a friend in the room who will make you stick to it...) it's a challenge after all and you're only cheating yourself... this is specifically designed to take you out of your comfort zone...!
5. post it up on your blog, with a link to this page and then email me with a link at dom(@)belleaukitchen.co.uk so I know you've joined in, you can also attach the badge to show people you're taking part.
personally I think it's genius... but then I'm biased...
I will post a round-up of the entries at the end of every month... the current challenge can be read here...
... good luck and happy random recipe dipping...